Re: how do I config freeipmi SOL (serial over LAN)?

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: how do I config freeipmi SOL (serial over LAN)?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:40:32 +0100

myglc2 <address@hidden> writes:

> I am using freeipmi on a headless GuixSD server.
>
> I have SOL (serial over LAN) working to where 'ipmiconsole' shows the
> BIOS config and "Welcome to GRUB!" but nothing more.
>
> It seems I need to configure Grub and the Kernel to send output to SOL.

Hi George,

You probably need to pass the "console" argument to Linux command line.
If your IPMI SOL device is "/dev/ttyUSB0", try adding a
"kernel-arguments" like this in your guixSD configuration:

  (kernel-arguments '("console=ttyUSB0"))

...not sure how to make Grub output to a serial console.

Hope this helps!