how do I config freeipmi SOL (serial over LAN)?

From: myglc2
Subject: how do I config freeipmi SOL (serial over LAN)?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:05:45 -0500

I am using freeipmi on a headless GuixSD server.

I have SOL (serial over LAN) working to where 'ipmiconsole' shows the
BIOS config and "Welcome to GRUB!" but nothing more.

It seems I need to configure Grub and the Kernel to send output to SOL.

Does anyone have a config for this they could share?

Many thanks IA - George