Re: gnutls test failing during 'guix pull'

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: gnutls test failing during 'guix pull'
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 15:47:16 -0500

On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 12:30:01PM +0000, Myles English wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed Guix 0.11.0 and I have tried a basic 'guix pull' to upgrade
> to 0.12.0 but it fails with the output below.  Does anyone else have
> this problem?  Can anyone tell me what to try to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Myles

> Testsuite summary for GnuTLS 3.4.7
> # TOTAL: 14
> # PASS:  11
> # SKIP:  2
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
> See tests/cert-tests/test-suite.log

Without seeing this log, I bet it's the same problem as this:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-07/msg00602.html
https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/commit/47f25d9e08d4e102572804a2aed186b01db23c65

Basically, the test suite relies on an a certificate that has expired.

I don't think you'll be able to build the package, or update Guix from
this point.

Are you using substitutes? If so, I guess we have deleted this old
substitute. In that case, I recommend installing 0.12.0 from scratch.

But maybe somebody else has a better idea...