Re: Seeking advice: preparing releases on GuixSD.

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Seeking advice: preparing releases on GuixSD.
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 16:13:00 +0000

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> What I get is a tarball named “gnurl--.tar.gz” (because “configure.ac”
>>> specifies the version as a dash).  Unpacking it I see exactly *one*
>>> reference to something in /gnu/store and that’s in “ltmain.sh”.
>>
>> Hm.. that's what I had too before I asked here, I just felt there
>> must be 0 occurences of /gnu/store.
>
> You wrote earlier:
>
>> 3. Simply remove all occurences of any /gnu/store/… (if it's
>>    that simple) which could also happen in (2).
>
> That made it sound like there are countless references that need to be
> corrected somehow.

Well in 7.52.0 there are more than 1 reference to /gnu/store, and
in 7.52.1 there were more than in 7.52.0 simply because I did not
have the time to investigate what's wrong now.

> “ltmain.sh” is instantiated from a template by libtool.  It originally
> contains a /bin/sh shebang, and I think it should not be patched when
> installed to

So I can assume that just changing the shebang in ltmain.sh back
to /bin/sh is enough to make it distributable again, or is
ltmain.sh something distributions have anyway and the local file
is "just there"?
I just stepped in for gnurl and I'm picking up what needs to be
done while I'm working with it, so far learning in-depth
autotools + Makefile is still on my TODO list.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/ http://ng0.chaosnet.org