Re: After installing Java, what should I set JAVA_HOME to?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: After installing Java, what should I set JAVA_HOME to?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:18:45 -0800

Radoslav Petrov <address@hidden> writes:

> About a proper fix: IMO iced3 JDK Guix definition needs to process
> "java.security" file for the SunPKCS11 provider to override the
> JAVA_HOME definition with the file in the current version/dir/instance
> of the Guix package (I'm not sure for the correct term). But this have
> to be done on each update/upgrade of NSS package. So I'm not so sure
> about the proper way to fix this packaging problem.

This sounds right to me.  If I'm hearing you correctly, there is a
configuration file in the output of the icedtea package which needs to
be updated whenever the nss package is updated.  I believe the correct
way to accomplish that is to use "static composition" or "late static
composition" [1].  I'm sure a convenient mechanism for this exists in
Guix, but since I haven't done it myself, I'm not sure of the details.

[1] See section 7.1.1 in Eelco Dolstra's thesis:
http://nixos.org/%7Eeelco/pubs/phd-thesis.pdf

--
Chris