Re: neo tty layout

From: ng0
Subject: Re: neo tty layout
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 09:07:41 +0000

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 04:15:15PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed NixOS on another system and noticed they offer neo
>> layout not only in X11 but also for tty. Would it be okay to replicate
>> this for Guix? I'll be looking into this soon for me personally, but
>> maybe others can benefit from it by including it in Guix.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what the neo layout is. Is it a keyboard layout?

Yes, it can be loaded in X11 in all system distributions and operating
systems I know, but that it can be loaded for tty is rare. Most system
for tty are limited to qwert{y,z} and some layouts where neo draws
inspiration from.
It's a layout specific to german keyboards and language but extends to
other areas (scientic etc): http://neo-layout.org/index_en.html
It can be loaded with `setxkbmap neo` or the desktop environment
specific tool of it.
I just need to figure out what nix patches or adds to make it available
with `loadkeys neo` outside of X11.
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on http://www.psyced.org