Re: AUR for GuixSD (was: GuixSD on arm (ng0))

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: AUR for GuixSD (was: GuixSD on arm (ng0))
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 08:52:34 -0400

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:15 AM, David Craven <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was under the impression that that was one of the statements Jookia
> made. You calling it the gnu system reinforced that impression. Sorry
> if I misunderstood. Glad to hear that's not the case. :-) Big
> discussion over nothing then =P

I recall Jookia interacting in #guix and possibly on the mailing
lists, too.  IIRC, they got frustrated with our project (I think with
how we do patch review) and stopped participating.  Unfortunately, it
seems they drew a number of false conclusions about our goals
before/after they left.  From reading the threads about Guix on reddit
and elsewhere I see that there's actually a few people (that aren't
contributors AFAICT) that leave numerous comments about how Guix
works, socially and technically.  They often get it wrong, and I often
don't have the time to correct them.

Anyway, thanks for writing to this list and getting answers to your
questions from the core developers.

- Dave