Re: GuixSD on arm (ng0)

From: ng0
Subject: Re: GuixSD on arm (ng0)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 20:54:05 +0000

Leo Famulari writes:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 03:04:56PM +0200, David Craven wrote:
>> Just chiming in here...
>>
>> I know that github being propietary software probably won't be
>> considered, but it is unarguably an awesome piece of software,
>> possibly the best propietary software since google search :-) I think
>> that using github would improve the efficiency of submitting/reviewing
>> patches. But I'm still new to the sending patches via email thing - so
>> I might get used to it...
>
> I would really prefer to not have to use a web page for contributing to
> Guix. I find the tools `git send-email` and `git am` to be very easy to
> use and much faster than a web site.
>
> The really nice thing about email is that one can do it with a *very*
> wide variety of tools and interfaces. Web pages, on the other hand,
> basically have a single interface, and you have to be a web developer to
> change it for yourself.
>
> But, some people don't prefer email. Considering that, my opinion is
> that the ideal situation would be a hybrid mail / web interface, where
> the two components could be used interchangeably. Work done on one
> interface would automatically show up in the other interface. Does this
> exist?

Sorry, I did not imply that people I talked to meant github or
other free/proprietary solutions similar to it.
So far I provide outside of freenode.net and outside of Email
federation help and support to a small number of people at
psyced.org (and also offer to proxy works via myself for people
who can not deal with the ways you can participate in Guix).

What I really mean will only be clear once I write a thought out
text about it. I currently can not focus on this and don't want
to participate in a half hearted discussion based on
assumptions/interpretations.
An Email vs Github discussion is not even close to what my
intentions are.

thanks,
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0