[Help-gsl] Numerical integration of sharply peaked function

From: Jorge Fernandez de Cossio Diaz
Subject: [Help-gsl] Numerical integration of sharply peaked function
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:41:18 +0000

I have a function of a single variable with a very sharp peak at a known
position. I want to integrate this function in a finite interval.

I tried using qags, but it underflows often. I think that the adaptive sampling
it is missing the sharp peak. How can I tell GSL where is the sharp peak, so
that it knows before hand that it should sample in its vicinity? Also, if the
peak is VERY sharp, I want GSL to keep sampling until it finds the very narrow
neighborhood of the peak where the function is distinct from zero.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

[http://5.cim.co.cu/cim.gif]