Re: [Help-gsl] legendre series

From: Michael Carley
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] legendre series
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 15:12:05 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Francesco Petrogalli wrote:

do you know any library that can compute the coefficient of a Legendre series decomposition of a function?

Assuming you mean you want an expansion in Legendre polynomials, it is a reasonably straightforward thing to do using a Gauss quadrature.

--
`To tell the truth, let us be honest at least, it is some considerable
          time since I last knew what I was talking about.'