Re: [Help-gsl] GSL extension ode-initval2-1.0 released - shared library

From: Peter Rockett
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL extension ode-initval2-1.0 released - shared library fails?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:11:01 +0000

>> But   when  I  try   to  use   them  by   linking  against
>> libodeiv2.so, I get "error while loading shared libraries:
>> libodeiv2.so.0  cannot open  share object  file :  No such
>> file or directory". But this file manifestly is there!

>Can  you post  the  exact  commands you  use  to build  your
>program?  Also, which platform are you using?

Sorry! I am using Ubuntu 9.1

I have built two versions of the library: debug and release. Commands as
follows:

1) ./configure CFLAGS='-g' --libdir=/usr/local/lib-dbg (to build the debug
version of the library without the -O2 option, which messes-up debugging +
install it in /user/local/lib-dbg)

2) make

3) make install (correctly installs in /user/local/lib-dbg/)

and for the release version:

1) ./configure CFLAGS='-O2' (to build the release version of the library with
the -O2 option)

2) make

3) make install (correctly installs in /user/local/lib/)

I never did anything other than this for GSL and that just worked.

Peter