[Help-gsl] GSL extension ode-initval2-1.0 released - shared library fail

From: Peter Rockett
Subject: [Help-gsl] GSL extension ode-initval2-1.0 released - shared library fails?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:44:54 +0000

I have been trying to use Tuomo Keskitalo's extension to the ODE
functions. (Nice job, Tuomo! I am very keen to try the Adams P-C stepper
which is notoriously difficult to code.)

I have built the library as per the (normal) instructions (./configure,
make, make install) and everything seems to have run OK. The libraries
all look right: libodeiv2.so, libodeiv2.so.0 and libodeiv2.so.0.0.0
installed in the same directory as the regular gsl libraries. But when I
try to use them by linking against libodeiv2.so, I get "error while
No such file or directory". But this file manifestly is there!

I have to confess I am a bit hazy about shared libraries, symbolic
links, etc. but does anybody have any ideas?

BTW: Linking against the static lib in the same directory (libodeiv2.a)
works no problem.

Peter