Re: [Help-gsl] Re: gsl c++ wrapper ?

From: Hongzheng Wang
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: gsl c++ wrapper ?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:47:52 +0800

Frankly, you have slowly drifted off the subject since your previous
post.  We are talking about how to wrap GSL and make GSL work better
with C++, rather than do advertisement for yet another C++
vector/matrix library.

For the original question, my personal opinion on this subject is that
just build the program in C++ with some favorite style and narrow the
interface between the C++ part and GSL facilities.  By contrast,
wrapping GSL is not an easy choice because GSL utilizes so many
classic C style coding tricks, e.g., void* pointer conversion etc.
Specifically, for vector/matrix support library, a third part one out
of GSL can be used, because most parts of GSL facilities can work well
with built-in array (which are widely supported in other vector/matrix
libraries) and do not rely on specific GSL vector/matrix interfaces.

--
HZ