[Help-gsl] file is not of required architecture

From: Matthew Lawrence
Subject: [Help-gsl] file is not of required architecture
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:52:41 -0700

I just installed gsl to use with some matlab programming on my MacBook Pro
(running OS 10.6).  I can compile c-code from a command line no problem
using the command

gcc gsltest.c -I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas

However, when I try a similar compilation through matlab, using the command:

mex gsltest.c -I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas

I get the resulting error:

ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libgsl.dylib, file is not of required
architecture
ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libgslcblas.dylib, file is not of required
architecture

>From the little I can find on the web, it seems as though I have to force
the ppc architecture.  My question is how do I do this and then rebuild the
library files?  I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew