[Help-gsl] problem with subvector

From: Reyko Schachtschneider
Subject: [Help-gsl] problem with subvector
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:17:38 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem with the usage of subvector. I want to find the index of the
smallest element in a subvector of a gsl_vector. The code is

   min_index = gsl_vector_min_index(gsl_vector_const_subvector(vector,
i,sub_vector_length));

The error at compilation time is

error: cannot convert  _gsl_vector_const_view  to  const gsl_vector*  for
argument  1  to  size_t gsl_vector_min_index(const gsl_vector*)

so the routine gsl_vector_const_subvector returns a vector view and
gsl_vector_min_index needs a pointer to a gsl_vector. Is there another way to
do it or can the view somehow be converted?

I'm compiling on a 64-biy openSuse 10.3 with g++4.3

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks a lot!

Reyko

DSL zum Nulltarif + 20 Euro Extraprämie bei Online-Bestellung über die
DSL Freundschaftswerbung! http://dsl.web.de/?ac=OM.AD.AD008K15279B7069a