Re: [Help-gsl] hermitian matrices eigenvalues and eigenvectors

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] hermitian matrices eigenvalues and eigenvectors
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:25:07 -0600

I believe the hermitian eigenvalue algorithm is the one used
in Golub and Van Loan and was selected due to its simplicity.

There are much faster (and far more sophisticated) eigenvalue
algorithms that are not really suited for GSL due to their
complexity to code. LAPACK contains these types of algorithms
and it is encouraged to use that library if one needs the
fastest available algorithms.

Patrick