Re: [Help-gsl] Re: (A newbie asks) How to program multidimensional root

From: Olumide
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: (A newbie asks) How to program multidimensional root solver?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 07:28:31 +0100

John Pye wrote:
FWIW have you already been able to solve this equation system? Have you tried with a tool like Excel Solver or ASCEND or Maxima or GAMS first? Once you have shown that the equations solve and behave nicely, you can try coding them up in low-level C code, but it generally easier to use a higher-level tool first up. Perhaps you already did this -- just checking.

Thanks for replying, no I haven't. But I will. I've just downloaded Maxima, and ASCEND and I'm taking a closer look at them. Which of these two programs do you think is best for solving system on non-linear equations? BTW, I don't expecting an analytic solution. My equations don't look too friendly ... (nasty logs! :-) )