[Help-gsl] Iterations number with Conjugate PR gradient minimization

From: Mauro
Subject: [Help-gsl] Iterations number with Conjugate PR gradient minimization
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:22:32 +0100

Hi,
I wrote a program that uses Conjugate PR gradient algorithm to minimize a
multivariable function.
The program works fine, but has a strange behavior when I run it on
Valgrind, a software for detect many memory management and threading bugs.
The result of minimization is exactly the same that I obtain without using
valgrind, but the number of iterations is different!
The input data obviously not change...I thought that the cause is Valgrind
because it modifies the memory usage...
But if I copy initialization params array (passed by the minimization
function that initialize PRGC method) using memcpy instead an
element-by-element cycle, the behavior is the same as when I use Valgrind!
What happens?Can be an unwanted compiler optimization?Or it's a bug, or it's
normal?
thank you! bye
Mau