Re: [Help-gsl] looking for gsl_integration_long_double

From: Evgeny Kurbatov
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] looking for gsl_integration_long_double
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:58:50 +0400

Please tell, what the task you solve with such requirement to precision?

Well, does it matter what reason Tobias has? He is looking for a 'long
double' integration and there isn't any. Sounds like a good reason to
me.

*My* reason for wanting such a thing would be simply that all the rest
of the program is using long double in the numerics part and sometimes
the easiest way to check for error propagation is to require higher
precision and check for the changes in the result.

No, I just have an academic interest in features of such tasks and I didn't try to reject the request of Tobias.

BTW I believe that in numerical modelling the algorithm must not work in a regime of the limit of prescision.

Regards,
Evgeny