[Help-gsl] Re: Help-gsl Digest, Vol 41, Issue 12

From: Peter Melchior
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: Help-gsl Digest, Vol 41, Issue 12
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:34:41 +0100

Hello,

> I use TNT extensively and I like it very much at least
> as a container for arrays. Another alternative that is
> much larger and much more complete is uBlas. It
> provides interfaces using expression templates for all
> sorts of matrices (full, sparse, etc) but I haven't
> used it. Apparently it even includes bindings to
> libraries such as atlas, lapack, umfpack and others.

Yes, it does. I'm using ublas matrices and vectors and the bindings to atlas and
lapack. Most methods from atlas and lapack are available as bindings from the
boost sandbox repository (it's not part of the official releases); some less
frequently used ones are missing by now.

In terms of speed I don't see a difference w.r.t. C-like objects. And the use of
the optimized atlas library really boosts performance.

Just my two cents,

Peter Melchior