Re: [Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:34:52 -0600

On 13/03/07, Jigal A <address@hidden> wrote:
I was wondering about the possibility to turn GSL into a set of C++ template
classes (yep, I know, big job...) where one of the template parameters would
be the floating point type (usually double, right?).
[snip]
What are your opinion/thoughts about this?

Huge coding job. GSL uses a great deal many C constructs and extensive
macro hackery to accomplish what C++ does with templates and
exceptions.

While I personally would love to see GSL in C++, the porting task is
almost a complete rewrite.

It might be worthwhile to submit at least a partial rewrite of GSL in
C++ to Google's summer of code programme...

FWIW,
- Jordi G. H.