[Help-gsl] Simulated Annealing

From: Fred J.
Subject: [Help-gsl] Simulated Annealing
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:01:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I have a routine
double myRou ( double x, double y ) { ... };

the way I use it is run it with many combinations of x,y and find which x,y
combination gives the lowest or highest retrun. so I do
vector<double> res;
for(double i = 1; i < 1000; ++i) {
   for( double j = 1; j < 1000; ++j) {
      res.push_back( myRou( i, j );
   }
}
then I go to find the maximum or minimum values in res.
with out the loop which ends up taking the whole day.

is there some algorithm that can help me find the global min/max.
with out the looping, I was reading about gsl Simulated Annealing
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Trivial-example.html#Trivial-example
but realy could not understand how to apply it to my function. if someone could
please show a code on how to use myRou.

thanks