Re: [Help-gsl] ln of gamma function for negative arguments

From: Inigo Aldazabal Mensa
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] ln of gamma function for negative arguments
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:55:05 +0200

Hi,

You could make use of the relation (say G for Gamma):

G(x)=G(x+1)/x   -1<x<0  [1]

and recursively compute Gamma for any negative, non-integer, x.

When first dealing with Gamma function I found this [2] document particulary
useful. You can download a ps version from there.

Regards,

Iñigo

[1] Abramowitz and Stegun. Handbook of Mathematical Functions. Eq. 6.1.15
http://www.math.sfu.ca/~cbm/aands/page_256.htm
[2]
http://numbers.computation.free.fr/Constants/Miscellaneous/gammaFunction.html