Re: problems dual booting Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10

From: Xen
Subject: Re: problems dual booting Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 15:09:46 +0200

Pascal Hambourg schreef op 08-05-2018 14:54:
Le 08/05/2018 à 06:58, David Collier a écrit :

I am having problems trying to make grub boot Windows 10. (I tried both
version which came with 16.04 and the latest and greatest)

Version of what ?
What versions ?
The latest and greatest what ?

Obviously, Grub 2.

I can boot Windows by changing the BIOS default boot flow, the UEFI BIOS is able to do it just fine, but grub just does not refuse to detect Windows boot partition, or any partition on that drive to that matter. I used the

"does not refuse" = "accepts" ?

= does not; refuses to

'disks' utility to change format of the Windows boot partition from FAT to NTFS, converting it to NTFS makes the BIOS stop recognizing it, but still
does not help grub to recognize it.
Do you mean the EFI partition ? The BIOS does not care about Windows
boot partition.

Yes EFI has to be FAT I guess.

dpkg -l "grub*"
fdisk -l