efinet IP address is missing

From: Sascha Ziemann
Subject: efinet IP address is missing
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:50:39 +0100

Hello,

I have configured dnsmasq to work as an DHCP and TFTP server. I have
generated a Grub EFI loader with grub-mkstandalone. In my
configuration I have "insmod net" and "insmod efinet".

When I boot my system, the EFI BIOS requests an address, gets it, and
loads Grub from the TFTP server. Grub starts and shows the menu from
my grub.cfg. The configuration has just one menu entry. This menu
entry calls "net_ls_cards" and "net_ls_addr". The enumeration of the
network cards works fine, I can see MAC addresses.

But the enumeration of the ip addresses does not work. I never did
this before so I do not know the correct behaviour. Should
"net_ls_addr" show the addresses? And if so where could be the
problem? Do I have to call some special command in the Grub
configuration? Or is my BIOS buggy?

My expectation was, that Grub takes over the already configured
network interfaces. Is this wrong?

Regards,
Sascha