Re: HP ProBook x360 11 G1 EE incompatible with grub

From: Michel Bouissou
Subject: Re: HP ProBook x360 11 G1 EE incompatible with grub
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:37:47 +0100

Hi Hoan,

Le 15/12/2017 à 14:32, hoan a écrit :

> Let me prove by an experiment ( sdb here is only used to boot grub via
> bootx64.efi )
>
> sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -m 1G -enable-kvm -bios OVMF64.fd /dev/sdb
> -cdrom tails-amd64-3.3.iso
>
> 1 boot any grub uefi usb you have ; once presented with the grub menu

On this machine, booting « any grub USB key I have » will *never* make
me « presented with the grub menu ».

As soon as the USB key is selected as boot source from the UEFI system,
black screen, cursor in the upper left, game over.

You're talking about the theoretical behaviour in a VM. I'm talking
about an actual machine that is on my son's desk.

Kind regards.

ॐ

--
Michel Bouissou <address@hidden> OpenPGP ID 0xEB04D09C