failed search command not setting exit status?

From: Harald Fricke
Subject: failed search command not setting exit status?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 12:23:37 +0200 (CEST)

   Hello,

   I've tried to write a grub script that uses the search command. I have
   noticed that "search" always seems to return an exit status of zero,
   even if the search (e.g. for a label) has failed. This means I cannot
   simply test for success or failure. Is this considered a bug or a
   feature? I have noticed that a similar bug has been filed for the
   insmod command.

   Implementation used: GRUB 2.02 as supplied on the arch linux 2017.10.01
   live system .iso.

   Regards,

   Harald Fricke