Re: GRUB2: Possible to change keyboard layout in stage 1.5?

From: jmh6
Subject: Re: GRUB2: Possible to change keyboard layout in stage 1.5?
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 00:29:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pascal,

I wonder if it is possible to make Grub self documenting in a useful way?

Even as a very low level coder, I have been confused as to what Grub is doing and trying to do and what options are available and how to use them and why the boot process did not do what I expect and how to fix it?

Another 'problem' that would be very useful to 'solve' is what I call the 'chain' problem.

I have a memory stick or hard drive with a bunch of say .isos or saved binary images on it. I am running in Linux version A. I would like to say, 'boot this .iso', as the main OS.

I also design low level hardware. So far, I have only been able to get the latest version of Kicad to compile and run under antiX!

So I want to start with say Knoppix and then 'chain' to antiX to do some PCB work. It would be nice to 'chain' back to the original OS, but a reboot is probably a much simpler and more reliable way to do that!!

   Kinda off thread I suppose?

   Playing with Grub as got to be a real nightmare!!

   Anyways, thanks for your considerable efforts and help.

   warm regards,
   John - Concord, NH