Developing themes for LiveCD/DVD

From: Michael Rainey
Subject: Developing themes for LiveCD/DVD
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 20:32:44 -0500

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project for my local LUG creating a LiveDVD to hand out to other organizations and groups. I would like to design a theme to place on the LiveDVD which displays some information. The problem I am having is adding the theme to the LiveDVD when running the grub-mkrescue command. Is there any documentation which covers this issue? So far, everything I've found covers adding themes to existing GRUB installs. How do I design and test a theme without it touching my existing GRUB configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Michael