Re: display background image problem

From: Belisko Marek
Subject: Re: display background image problem
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:13:15 +0100

Hi Andrei,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> 12.03.2017 22:40, Belisko Marek пишет:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying in grub 2 display background image. I compiled grub for my
>> board using yocto build system. I added video modules + gfxterm to
>> have backgorund_image command available. When run background_image
>> root/image.png I got:
>> error: no video mode activated
>>
>> When check videoinfo command I can see that there is efi_gpo video
>> module with various screen resolutions. It seems that
>> grub_video_adapter_active is not set and  thus that error. I'm not
>> very familiar with grub debugging because it seems that this message
>> is called during startup. Any ideas how to proceed? Many thanks.
>>

> Please show exact command used to create image as well as your grub.cfg.
Copied from yocto output:

grub-mkimage -c ../cfg -p /EFI/BOOT -d ./grub-core/ \
                       -O x86_64-efi -o ./bootx64.efi \
                       boot linux ext2 fat serial part_msdos part_gpt
normal efi_gop iso9660 search gfxterm video png videoinfo videotest
all_video video_fb fixvideo

and grub cfg looks like:

# Automatically created by OE
serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
default=boot
timeout=3

menuentry 'boot'{
linux /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2 rootwait net.ifnames=0 quiet splash loglevel=0
}

I tried to enter to command line and run:
set gfxmode=1024x768
and after background_image root/splash/image.png I got mentioned error.

Is there any way to debug finding of video adapters? Thanks.

BR,

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible