Re: Grub 2 how boot .iso with memdisk?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Grub 2 how boot .iso with memdisk?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:44:34 +0300

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Дмитрий Чепуровский <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to boot iso file. I want to boot ubuntu 15.10 iso & Windows
> 10 Install iso. I found in google, that it could be made in grub2
> using memdisk.

You are confused. memdisk in grub2 is not used to boot anything. It is
still not clear what you are trying to do:

- you try to pretend that system was booted from CD or DVD with
content of this image

- or -

- you try to boot using some file inside this image

> For test I'm trying to boot with memtest ubuntu-15.10-desktop-amd64.iso.
>
> cfg test menuentery:
> menuentry "Test1" {
>     insmod memdisk
>     initrd /iso/ubuntu-15.10-desktop-amd64.iso
> }
>
> When I tied to run this I got alloc magic is broken at 0xc7ed5060: c7e5c980

This makes me believe you want to pretend you are booted from DVD ...

> What I'm doing wrong. How can I do this?

It is still not quite clear what you want to do; could you explain in
more words?