Re: pxe_default_gateway unset

From: Rick Miller
Subject: Re: pxe_default_gateway unset
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 15:00:51 -0400

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Rick Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an environment where I am chaining pxegrub to pxelinux.  When
> pxegrub has booted, I've noticed that pxe_default_gateway is set to
> 0.0.0.0.  Is this the default value?  Does this value get populated
> via the routers option in DHCP?

I just thought I would reply and provide some information as to how
we're thinking about tackling this.  The grub2pxe variable,
pxe_default_gateway, is being set to 0.0.0.0 and we still are not sure
how or why, but to populate this with appropriate data our intent is
to have the provisioning platform output the appropriate data into a
grub config file that will be included from the main grub.cfg.

If there is interest in how we employ this method, feel free to email
me and I'll explain further.