Re: osx boot flags -f -v

From: Robert
Subject: Re: osx boot flags -f -v
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 09:41:50 +0100

Michael Sgier wrote:
Hi

after installing Win8 dev prev I had to reinstall Grub on Ubuntu and it even
found osx86. Now I always
booted with -f -v but the osx loader has gone somewhere... How could I add
those flags to boot with Grub2?

Many thanks

look into /boot/grub/grub.cfg
(was auto-generated by "grub-update", which probed for all OS'es on your system; "install-grub" installed the actual bootloader. the cfg can be changed. no re-install run is needed as the cfg is read on filesystem level by Grub2 - unlike LILO)

maybe post the cfg here; or you should see the relevant boot line and if adding the flags is possible. Don't know if it is possible with OSX loading similar to the "linux /boot/vmlinuz ... [params]" commands. If something like "chainloader" is responsible for OSX loading, you might need to install the OSX bootloader plus flags into his own partitition.

Robert