Re: GRUB only loads when I save BIOS settings

From: Felix Miata
Subject: Re: GRUB only loads when I save BIOS settings
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 03:46:53 -0400

On 2011/10/28 22:34 (GMT) address@hidden composed:

I am currently dual booting Linux and Windows, so obviously I set up GRUB to
manage this. The issue is that my computer will say to insert proper boot
device and reboot (the default thing it does when it can not find any device to
boot) unless I go into the BIOS settings and save. It does not matter if I
change any settings, I just have to hit save and reboot. If I exit without
saving it will not load.

I am on an ASUS UL50VT laptop, my BIOS is American Megatrends v 217 (the latest
available for my model). Any help would be appreciated.

No unexpected messages during initial POST, other than it can't find the boot device?

If that's not the BIOS it had when you got it, try doing a BIOS reset via the motherboard jumper, then reflashing.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/