Re: grub and uncommon LVM

From: Flash
Subject: Re: grub and uncommon LVM
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 19:46:12 +0100

Hi Марк Коренберг,

  I'm not really sure but what I understand of how grub work, only two thing is
important :
1- Grub is located on the mbr of the bootable device (other method are possible
but it's another story)
2- Grub need the /boot
So until you change device bootable or where /boot is physically set, you don't
need to change anything otherwise you need to update grub and config file to
match the new set.

Of course, if raid or kernel or other OS are change or Add, you will need to
update grub accordling.

Grub2 support LVM (and of course Logical volume accross multiple physical
device). It's support also LVM over Raid.

à bientôt,

======= le 30/11/2009, 20:26:53 vous écriviez: =======