Re: grub2 halts on kernel command - SOLVED (by new installation)

From: Andi Meier
Subject: Re: grub2 halts on kernel command - SOLVED (by new installation)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:36:32 +0100

I abandoned the whole playing around with grub2 and just re-installed Ubuntu
Server 64-bit 9.10 with an USB flash drive which I created with
usb-creator (under Ubuntu Network Remix 9.10). This time, it worked. At the
installation it asked me about grub2 and I directed the
installation routine to use /dev/sda. Worked flawlessly, can boot now.

Cheers,
Andi