help-gnutls

2.x 3.x API compatibility

From: MK
Subject: 2.x 3.x API compatibility
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:00:27 -0400

I've been developing an application which uses GnuTLS  against 3.x
versions.   However, on one of my target platforms the last version
which builds successfully is 3.0.x -- I'm looking into this further
today, but it is small ARM device so checking builds is slow (the
problem was previously reported WRT to 3.2 by someone else,
http://lists.gnutls.org/pipermail/gnutls-help/2013-December/003288.html
).

I.e., I can't use the latest 3.2 which includes the fix for Advisory
GNUTLS-SA-2014-2, so I must fall back on the git version of
2.12.

I have a recollection from when I began this several years ago
regarding backward compatibility issues with 3.x, but it seems
that according to this:

http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/gnutls.html

Going back to 2.12 should be okay.  Is that correct?

MK

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)