help-gnutls

Re: GNU TLS Hang after error

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: GNU TLS Hang after error
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:37:33 +0200

On 08/22/2011 12:33 PM, Alexander Brukhanov wrote:
> I'm using gnutls 2.12.8 with poll and pthreads on FreeBSD and Linux
> systems. Some times (when I have a long time between requests) I have
> gnutls hanged. Here is my backtrace:
[...]

Indeed it shouldn't hang there, but it shouldn't arrive there as well.
I suppose that do_device_source_urandom() failed in your system. This
is very strange. Could you pinpoint what exactly failed?

> As I understand it happens because wrap_nettle_rnd exits with error. You
> do not do RND_UNLOCK in case of error. But I have tried to unlock it. It
> cause libmicrohttpd to drop all incoming connections.

If the random generator fails, gnutls cannot operate. This is expected.
What wasn't expected is the failure you see.

regards,
Nikos