help-gnutls

gnutsl_cipher.c

From: HOY Mike
Subject: gnutsl_cipher.c
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:15:41 -0500

Hello Nikos,

We have been having decryption problems depending upon file size.  We are talking to a specialized camera with TLS 1.0, 1.1 and TLS 1.2.  Under each we had file transfers that failed decryption.  All with varying file sizes.

After trouble shooting we found that in gnutls_cipher.c in the function _gnutls_ciphertext2compressed the local variable pad is defined as uint8_t.  While this seemed fine we found it rolled over to an illegal value of 0 for the pad.  Our fix was to change pad to an int and get a pad value of 256, instead of zero.

While this works for now I am concerned we may not really be supporting a true general case with this fix.

Can you tell us if this is what we should do or is there some other problem we aren’t seeing?

Regards,

Mike Hoy