help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] Does verify_peers2 check cert expiration?

From: Sam Varshavchik
Subject: [Help-gnutls] Does verify_peers2 check cert expiration?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:25:05 -0500

After calling gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2(), I call gnutls_certificate_get_peers(), take the first cert, and call gnutls_x509_crt_get_activation_time() and gnutls_x509_crt_get_expiration_time(), and verify that the certificate has not expired.

Am I doing too much work? The man page for gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2() isn't quite clear if it does any more validation besides verifying the cert chain.