help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] avoiding signals completely

From: Daniel Stenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] avoiding signals completely
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:29:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Rupert Kittinger-Sereinig wrote:

May I suggest that we at least add an option that avoids signals when using GnuTLS? It would be a matter of using the fourth send() argument on most platforms, and the SO_NOSIGPIPE socket option on some. We already do this magic in libcurl.

Why not simply disable SIGPIPE for the whole application with sigaction()?

Yes, that's one way to do it for an application. But that's not a solution for a library and I want the library (libcurl) to work as documented without having to force the application to do various tricks. sigaction() is not even present everywhere.