help-gnustep

Re: Install GNUStep on Ubuntu 16

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Install GNUStep on Ubuntu 16
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 21:21:34 +0100

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Gerhard Huber <G.Huber1@gmx.net> wrote:
OK, if it is the latest version the problem still exists :-(
I have a xib dialog here, that needs to load a header file to be complete.
I thought it would work if I load it with "Classes > Load Class...". But this menu entry (and all in Classes) is always disabled here.
Is there a "trick" for me?

 Have you considered:
- using older Xcode to produce the .xib?
- try to see whether a compiled .nib works for you instead of a .xib?
- avoiding editing .xib in gorm, and directly loading the non-compiled .xib in the code?
- creating a new .gorm file in place of the xib?
- if that's not doable, not using any sort of interface builder and simply write UI instantiation and configuration in code?

I don't have better suggestions aside from things that I would personally do.