help-gnustep

Re: Install GNUStep on Ubuntu 16

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Install GNUStep on Ubuntu 16
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 12:18:52 -0600

Hi,

El mié, 04-05-2016 a las 05:05 -0700, fortuna07 escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I am totally new at GNUStep. I tried to install it on Ubuntu 16, that is run
> in a virtual maschine on my Windows computer.
> I tried several days now and read hundreds of postings, but I didn't manage
> to get it to work.
> Can anybody here give me a working help to install GNUStep?

Why not try GNUstep on Windows? Or you need specifically Ubuntu? You can
found a recent installer for Windows here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb4m65spkuf3o0f/GNUstep-1.0.exe?dl=0

If you need GNUstep on Ubuntu, you will need install a lot of
prerequisites. Here there is a script to install it from scratch:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_under_Ubuntu_Linux

This is for previous version of Ubuntu, but maybe can work at 16.04. I
don't use it, but you can see the packages you need install first. This
script is for i386, not sure if you can just change the architecture or
not.

GNUstep can be installed using GCC or CLANG. The previous script is to
install GNUstep with CLANG.

Germán