help-gnustep

Re: problem with libraries

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: problem with libraries
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 07:50:13 -0700

On Nov 6, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Thanasis Petridis wrote:

I have created a file hello.m in the folder c:\new
I started the shell application
I wrote c:\new
and then I wrote g++ hello.m and I get the error " Foundation.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated"
I changed the path of Foundation in the source code of my program to the correct

" #import <C:\GNUstep\GNUstep\System\Library\Headers\Foundation\Foundation.h> "

and then I get the error : " C:\GNUstep\GNUstep\System\Library\Headers\Foundation\Foundation.h:30:40: fatal error: GNUstepBase/GSVersionMacros.h: No such file or directory "

I changed the path of the GSVersionMacros.h inside the source code of the Foundation.h file and then I got a new error for another header file inside the GSVersionMacros.h file.

How can I fix this? Should I have to do this for all the header files?

Thank you very much.

It would be easiest to use Makefiles to help set up and compile you program.  See the documentation here:

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/

and more documentation here:

http://www.gnustep.org/developers/documentation.html