help-gnustep

Re: unicode transcription table

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: unicode transcription table
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:56:37 +0100

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 12:01  pm, reuss wrote:

there is a table to see what the following unicode transcription is?

Probably on the usincode web site or somewhere similar, but I don't specifically know of one.

00f6

As it's an 8bit value (ie nothing set in the top byte) it's a latin1 character.... because unicode is a superset of latin1.

My gnu/linux man page for latin1 says that f6 is 'latin small letter o with diaeresis'