help-gnustep

Re: Problems linking libgnustep-base

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problems linking libgnustep-base
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:14:54 +0000

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 09:08  am, Sebastien Pierre wrote:

Hi all,

I'm still having problems with my GNUstep installation on RH8.0: when
compiling (make install) GWorkspace-0.4.6.1 (same for 4.5 and same for
GNUMail), I get the following error:

plmerge: error while loading shared libraries: libgnustep-base.so.1:

I can't seem why plmerge is not able to find the libgnustep-base
library...

Any ideas ?

Almost certainly you have not sourced the GNUstep.sh script ... which means you probably haven't read the HOWTO or other build/install instructions, as these
tell you about it.

Basically, you need to do '. ${GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES}/GNUstep.sh' to set up the
GNUstep environment before doing any development work.
Where GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES is the path to the System/Makefiles subdirectory
of wherever you installed GNUstep (that's normally /usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles).