help-gnustep

Installing GNUstep on RedHat 8 with SRPMS

From: Pogue Mahone
Subject: Installing GNUstep on RedHat 8 with SRPMS
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:08:55 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to get GNUstep running on RedHat 8 without luck. I've built RPMS
from the SRPMS but I get errors with the setup script and compiles.

setup script:

/usr/GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/make_services:
relocation error:
/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.so.1:
undefined symbol: __vacall_r

compile:

GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

Any hints or pointers appreciated.

Thanks.