help-gnustep

Re: GNUstep/Local is empty

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep/Local is empty
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:00:33 -0700

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 01:56 PM, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

 I installed a new GNUstep system,
 and I found that the GNUstep/Local is empty.
Therefore, I have to make new Library/Fonts directory to install fonts for backart.
 But when I run any GNUstep application,
it always complains that it can't not find the GNUstep/Local/Library/Colors. Is it user's responsibility to create the Local/Library/Fonts and Local/Library/Colors directories ?
 I thought gnustep-make will create these directories by default.

Now it doesn't create those by default since they are usually all empty. Perhaps we should change gnustep-make so it does make all the default directories when someone tries to install something in GNUstep/Local.

I'm not sure why you are getting errors about Colors, etc. I've never encountered that.