help-gnustep

Re: GNUstep and Sparc/Solaris

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Sparc/Solaris
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:14:37 -0600

David.C.Sterratt@ed.ac.uk wrote:

> I expect that what I read in the HOWTO is still correct, but just to
> confirm this is still the case:
>
> Do GNUstep GUI applications not work under Sparc/Solaris because the
> distributed objects server (gdomap?) doesn't work, even with the patch
> to gcc?

Well yes and no. Distributed Objects not working definitely limits the
usefulness (BTW it should still work, just parts of it don't, mainly
methods with more than 4 arguments, which gdnc happens to use). You
should set the default "GSLogWorkspaceTimeout", so that gui apps don't
crash when gdnc crashes (Someday I'll actually document all of this).

Other than that it should mostly work (Although I can only rarely test
it).