help-gnunet

Gnunet-scheme usage

From: MSavoritias
Subject: Gnunet-scheme usage
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 22:25:04 +0300

Hey,

I am interesting in using gnunet-scheme to write an application. I am
looking into writing an xmpp based application in particular. Its still
in early stages and I am thinking what network to use for it.

I stumbled upon guile-gnunet and gnunet-scheme. From these two
gnunet-scheme seems to be the actively developed one.

What I wanted to ask was:

1. Is gnunet-scheme intended to be used to write applications that use
gnunet, re:claimID, GNS and such? From the docs it seems so but wanted to
confirm.
2. I guess it is not too far along since there is a lot of todo to be
done. So I am guessing even if thats the goal not yet?

I am using guix already and I would be interested to contribute to
gnunet-scheme to push it forward if that is welcomed of course. The xmpp
app will be written in guile itself. I can help with docs specifically
since I am going to start to make something out of it. Which from what I
saw hasnt been done yet.
And in gnunet itself of course.

Regards,
MSavoritias